Join us in bringing before the Lord some of the issues facing those beyond our shores. We update this page regularly with the very latest news, encouragements and points for prayer from our partners.
- Cathy Hooker is on the planning committee for Co-op Feed – a project that has provided 70,000 people with food during the State of Emergency in Namibia. Pray for wisdom as they plan a way forward for the project. Pray for Namibia ahead of local and regional elections on 25 November, particularly that tensions will ease. Pray for the Namibian economy as the tourism and hospitality industries are struggling.
- After a recent vote in Chile, the country’s longstanding constitution is going to be changed. Pray that the new constitution preserves the rights and freedoms of Christians and pray that it will address the many inequalities that exist. Matt Pope, in Santiago, give thanks for the way the lockdown meant he could work with other pastors to plan evangelism strategies and ‘every member ministry’ models for their churches.
- In Hungary, Andy and Zsófi Oatridge give thanks that their new church youth group has got off to a good start. Pray that the Lord will raise up youth leaders as without them the group will not have the capacity to keep going long term. Pray for wisdom for Andy, Zsófi and the Acorn Camps team as they decide which events to keep going in person rather than online and whether or not they should meet as a staff team.
- Jirka and Keira Kralovi give thanks for the many opportunities Jirka has had to teach the Bible to students in Olomouc, Czech Republic. He is currently running a Life Explored course for a group that includes three non-Christians. Pray that Jirka will have the time he needs to prepare for this and his other ministry commitments and pray that the Lord will bring new life to those attending the course.
- Andrew and Eunice Moody are currently in the UK to help settle their daughter Joy into studies here. Pray for Joy as she adjusts to studying in the UK and pray that she will be able to make some good friends. Pray that she will form a good relationship with her granny so that Andrew and Eunice can return to Uganda next year, leaving Joy in the care of Andrew’s mum. Whilst in the UK, Andrew has been preparing lectures for the preachers’ training course he runs whilst Eunice is studying an online public healthcare course. Pray for those they have left in charge of their ministries in Uganda – that they will work well in their responsibilities.