Our mission partners and projects value your prayer support. Here are some of their latest prayer needs:
- Pray for the Gambia Gap Year Team who arrived in Fajara in the west of The Gambia on 7 January. Thank God for the way the team leaders, Ed and Sarah Tulloch, have been preparing the team and pray for them to lead by example based on Christ’s model of humility. The team will be working alongside GamFES - the Gambian Fellowship of Evangelical Students. They will be getting involved in student campus ministries as well as teaching in local schools. They will also be serving at a local church and studying the Bible in weekly seminars. Pray for them to settle in well and for good team dynamics
- Pray for the other two gap year teams who are beginning their placements this month – a team to Kenya on 12 January and a team to South Africa on 15 January. The Kenya team are joining the TransformD gap year programme, led by mission partners Gerald and Louise Mwangi. Thank God for the enthusiasm and excitement the team have and ask that he will sustain them during the challenges of the placement. The South Africa gap year team are working alongside James and Lucy Buchanan at Hope Church, Johannesburg. The team are all girls so pray that they will be encouraged by the privilege of developing deep relationships as sisters in Christ. Pray for team leader Kirsty to disciple and love the girls sacrificially.
- Sarah Hopkins flew to South Africa to work at Trinity Children’s Centre on the Cape Flats on 8 January (arriving on 9th). Children on the Cape Flats are exposed to physical and sexual violence, substance abuse, domestic conflict, poverty and inequality. Sarah is an Integrative Arts Therapist and will help the children deal with trauma through arts and crafts, music, drama, puppets and play therapy. Alongside this, she will be sharing the good news of Christ with the children. Pray for protection and strength for Sarah as she serves in a dangerous area. Pray for safety in travel and that she will be able to hit the ground running. Pray that she’ll acquire a reliable car in a good condition that will keep her safe on the roads. Pray for the children to know the healing and hope that only Jesus can give.
- Pray for Project Timothy in Serbia, led by Riste Micev. They are starting a new group this month to train Roma pastors in expository preaching. Two of the pastors who will attend lead Roma churches with 500 members, so this training has the potential to impact many in their walk with the Lord. Pray that God will work in pastors’ hearts so they can see the importance of preaching the Bible faithfully to their congregations. Pray for growth in expository teaching skills and an understanding of God’s word.
- Pray for Andrew and Bethanie Walker who move within Argentina this month, from Buenos Aires to Mendoza - an 18-hour drive away. Pray for the logistical aspects of the move to go smoothly and for their four children to travel well (Maia, 7, Emilio, 5, Lucy, 3 and Noah, 2 months). Pray that the whole family will adapt well to the new environment - Buenos Aires and Mendoza are very different culturally and there will be many adjustments and challenges, including a change to the children’s schooling. Andrew is going from being assistant minister in an established church in the capital city to taking on the leadership of a church which hasn’t had an on-site pastor for 13 years. Give thanks for the provision of a house and pray for the family as they get to know their new surroundings and church family.
- Give thanks for the birth of Eleanor Innes to Graeme and Bequi on 23 December. The family is currently on home leave in the UK, from Moldova. Pray for a happy and healthy start to life for Eleanor and pray for Graeme and Bequi as they care for their newborn alongside Iona (6) and Joshua (3). Pray for Iona and Joshua, that they would enjoy having a new sister and be helpful rather than disruptive, especially in these early days.
- Pray for Rachel Goodhart, who has moved to Chiang Mai in Thailand to spend January and February teaching conversational English to university students at The Centre. Pray that Rachel will be able to build friendships with the students and share the gospel with them. Pray too that she will get on well with Crosslinks mission partner Janet as they work together.
- Chris and Lizzie Brown in Bologna, Italy, are involved in ministry to students alongside the GBU (the Christian student movement). The GBU national staff meeting is taking place 29 January – 1 February. Pray for all involved as they make decisions led by the gospel. Pray too for the GBU regional camps for students near Bologna and Venice in a month’s time.
- Pray for Portia Konadu Yiadom, serving in Ghana with Relite Africa Ministry as women’s worker. Pray for Portia as she is involved with two weeks of Relite Bible handling sessions for students from 5 – 17 January. The students will be trained in bible handling skills and taught how to preach evangelistically. Pray for gospel growth in the students that will bear fruit in the lives of many in the years to come. Give thanks that Portia’s health is improving but pray on for a complete recovery as she is still experiencing some health issues.