Join us in bringing before the Lord some of the issues facing those beyond our shores. We update this page regularly with the very latest news, encouragements and points for prayer from our partners.
- Andy and Rachel Symons in Zambia ask for prayers for students at Proclamation Institute Zambia as they are back on campus for the final term of the year. Pray that they will adjust quickly and that they will learn and grow in these last months of this academic year. Andy is enjoying teaching – pray that he has the time to prepare all his lessons well. Schools have opened again so pray that the Symons family all settle back into their routines quickly. Pray that the boys will enjoy school and build some good, lasting friendships.
- Pray for James and Lou Clark in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium. Their new church plant started at the beginning of September. Pray for good contact with Christian students who have just arrived in the town. Pray that they’d be rooted in faith. On 8 October they are hosting an evangelistic event with the university jazz band – pray that many will come and that some will want to read the Bible one-to-one afterwards. Their new trainee, Michael, arrives on Monday 28th – pray that he fits in smoothly and would be a blessing to the team.
- Give thanks for recent visitors to Gothenburg International Church, where Trevor and Andrea Watson serve. People who joined virtually over the summer are now attending in person. Pray for M, a man who walked passed one of the church’s open air services, stopped to listen to the sermon and stayed to ask many questions. Pray for church members Omid and Marinela as they lead a team from the church in a new outreach initiative into Bergsjön, a needy area of the city home to 144 different nationalities.
- Ken Irungu is youth worker at GracePoint Church in Kenya. Though churches have been able to resume meeting in person, children under 11 are not permitted. Ken continues to provide online resources – pray that the current series in Acts will excite the children to tell others about Jesus. Pray for the teenagers and twenties group that Ken runs. Pray that as they meet after the service to discuss the sermon, the young people will be gripped by the gospel and live it out daily as they keep staying at home (the schools will re-open in January). Pray that Ken’s postponed wedding to Ann will be able to go ahead in October.
- Short-termer Szilárd Tam arrived in Hungary at the end of August and, having had two negative COVID test results, did not need to quarantine but could join his new church for their week away. Praise God for this and the opportunity it gave Szilárd to meet many of the church members and lead the youth group. Give thanks that some of the young people who came are now regularly attending church. Pray for a continued interest in hearing about the Lord Jesus among all in the youth group, so that they come to know him more. Pray too for C, who attends Szilárd’s church and has been chatting to Szilárd a lot about Jesus as the absolute truth. Pray that God gives C a new heart.
- Pray for Julia Snodgrass and the university Christian Union (CU) group in Coimbra, Portugal, as they reach out to new students as they arrive. Pray that the Lord brings Portuguese Christians ready to grow and enquirers ready to accept the message of life. Pray especially for male students as the group is mostly female. Praise God for the opportunity Julia has to study Romans with two other girls on the CU leadership team. Pray that it would lead them to take on the mind of Christ. Pray that Julia’s language course at the university will be able to go ahead and that the Lord would use it to improve her Portuguese. Pray that Julia can share the gospel with others in her class.
- Pray for Edinburgh Bible College as a new academic year begins, particularly that the Lord will equip the students despite all the limitations. Pray for Thorsten and Kerstin Prill as they serve the college and are involved in church ministry. Kerstin leads weekly online devotions and bible studies and comes alongside individual women in the church. She is now half-way through the final module of her studies for a Higher Certificate in Christian Counselling. Pray for wisdom for Kerstin in knowing how to proceed when she finishes the course in October.
- As International Director at the Proclamation Trust, Neil Watkinson teaches on the Cornhill Training Course. Give thanks for the significant increase in international students this year, who are able to take part because the course is online. Pray for wisdom for Neil in rethinking how to teach international seminars to a bigger group and in an online setting. Give thanks for Neil’s good progress on rewriting the Pray, Prepare, Preach Judges book. He will be preaching at Emmanuel Church, Chesham on 4 October – pray for his preparation for this.