Join us in bringing before the Lord some of the issues facing those beyond our shores. We update this page regularly with the very latest news, encouragements and points for prayer from our partners.
- John and Jenny Miller serve in South Africa and recently submitted their visa renewal application. Pray that the visas will be granted soon so that they can plan a trip to the UK to see family, friends and supporting churches. They hope to be in the UK from 15 June to 8 August but this may need to be shortened if the visas do not come through. Pray too for John’s friend from his running club who has agreed to read John’s Gospel with him. Pray that these meetings will continue and that he will come to faith in Christ.
- Andy and Zsófi Oatridge run Acorn Bibliai Képzés (Acorn Bible Training) in Hungary, to train youth workers for bible-centred ministry. Pray that the one-year course will be able to take place in person from September and pray that God will guide the right people to apply to the course, before the end of June. After a year where youth groups have been happening mostly online, pray that the Lord will rebuild the community in these youth groups and bring young people back to church.
- For the last few months, Jean Ngirimana has been training staff at Compassion International in Rwanda to help parents teach the Bible at home (something that is rare in Rwanda). Pray that God will enable the teams to put what they’ve learnt into practice. Pray for the final training session that takes place this month. Pray that it will leave the trainees with the conviction and passion to do everything they can so that the children under their care will hear the gospel.
- Pray for Josh Hooker in Namibia as he begins a new initiative to encourage local pastors and church leaders in their ministry. Every second Wednesday from June to August Josh (and other local pastors) will run sessions on a number of issues: dealing with stress, conflict and criticism in ministry, the pastor as a servant leader, taking care of the flock, and keeping a gospel perspective in your ministry. Pray that these sessions will be productive and encouraging. Pray for Josh and Cathy as they make plans to move back to the UK later this year. Pray that they’d find a good home for their dog and new schools for their children.
- Pray for Portia Yiadom in Ghana as she runs a residential bible handling course for university students from 7 – 18 June. It is the first time that the group of students will have met together physically since September 2020. Pray for a mutually encouraging time in God’s word. In the first week, the students will preach from a passage in John and the following week they will give a 10 minute talk from a passage in Romans. Pray that, as the students move on from university, they won’t grow weary of expository preaching but persevere in observing, interpreting and applying the text in its context.
- Pray for Rick Creighton as he runs an online Post-Graduate Diploma in Theology course for 20 student workers, from now until 23 July. These IFES staff-workers come from 13 different countries across Africa. Pray that the course will equip the trainees for their ministry and provide a model for improved online education in the future. Since May, Rick and Alanna have been helping to look after a friend’s baby daughter as the mother died recently. Pray that Rick and Alanna will be able to keep the baby (Eunice) strong and healthy and pray that the Lord will comfort Ishaku (the father) in his grief.