Join us in bringing before the Lord some of the issues facing those beyond our shores. We update this page regularly with the very latest news, encouragements and points for prayer from our partners.
- Pray for Graeme and Bequi Innes in Moldova. This month, Graeme begun leading an interactive chapel service for a group of children from broken and messy home situations. None of the children have good fathers at home so pray that, as Graeme speaks to them from Mark’s gospel, the children will grow to know God as their own Father in heaven. This term Graeme and Bequi are starting a bible study group for university students. Pray for this group as it gets off the ground, particularly with the logistics of students living and studying in different parts of the city.
- Szilárd Tam is starting his second year as a short term volunteer with Acorn bible training in Hungary. Give thanks for answered prayers for 15 students who have signed up for the bible training course this year. Pray for Szilárd as he teaches on the course for the first time. Pray too for Szilárd as he looks to move house so that he is closer to his church and to where the Acorn office is. Pray that he will find a good flat for a good price.
- Pray for Jirka and Keira Kralovi, who are involved with student ministry in the Czech Republic. Pray for a Christianity Explored course Jirka is running for students at Palácky University. Pray that word will get out and that many will come. Pray too for an online Christianity Explored course Jirka started on 20 September for people throughout Czech Republic and Slovakia. Pray for a training session on 2 October where Jirka will be teaching church workers how to lead a bible study. Pray that it will be helpful for those leading groups and that, as a result, Christians throughout the Czech Republic will grow in their faith. Lastly, pray for the student weekend away taking place from 22 – 24 October. Pray that the students will gel together as a group and form strong Christian friendships.
- Pray for Julian and Nicky Milson in Valencia, Spain. Tania and Mike Snowdon (co-workers at the church that Julian leads) are moving back to Australia at the end of September. They will leave huge gaps in the life and ministry of the church and will be missed greatly. Pray for the Snowdons and the Milsons as they adjust to the change and pray for the church family – that they will rely on God’s help to fill the gaps. Pray for strength, energy, good health and endurance for Julian and Nicky as the new academic year begins. Give thanks that Jemima and Theo have received their Spanish residency cards. Pray that they will now be able to access healthcare cover.
- Pray for Nick and Harriet Algeo, who had planned to head back to The Gambia on 25 August but were unable to fly after Phoebe broke her leg. They have been advised not to fly for 10 weeks so Nick has returned to The Gambia alone, to be on-site for the start of the academic year. Pray for Phoebe’s leg to heal well and for Harriet to have the grace and health to look after the three children. Pray for Nick to make the most of having more time to serve in The Gambia while on his own and pray against loneliness and discouragement. Only two students are enrolled at Servants of the Word (SOW) this year but, in the past, a number have joined in September or October. Pray that this will happen and that God will bring more students. Pray that SOW’s profile in the region will grow and more and more people will find it to be a resource that can serve them.
- Pray for Jonny and Julia Tilford, both short-term volunteers with Crosslinks. They got married in July and Jonny has now joined Julia serving in Portugal. Pray that they’d reflect the gospel in their relationship and that they’d adjust well to married life. Pray for Jonny as he settles into a new country, culture and language. Pray that he’d get to know his international classmates as he studies Portuguese at Coimbra University and that he’d be able to share life and the gospel with them. Pray for Julia as she resumes her work for GBU Coimbra, supporting students by reading the Bible with them. Pray that God will strengthen them both to witness boldly to those they meet this year and that people will come to know Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.