Join us in bringing before the Lord some of the issues facing those beyond our shores. We update this page regularly with the very latest news, encouragements and points for prayer from our partners.
- Pray for Nick and Harriet Algeo as they prepare to return to The Gambia on 13 January. Pray that Phoebe (five), Arthur (three) and Olive (three months) will cope well with the change. Pray that they will all get negative COVID tests in advance of the flight, so that they are permitted to travel. Pray that they can adjust well to life and ministry in The Gambia.
- Pray for Robbie and Lizzie Bellis in Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium. Praise God for an encouraging first term for the church plant, with between 15 and 26 adults attending on a Sunday. Pray that those on the fringe will become more regular at tuning in to online services and pray for a growing number of committed core members. Give thanks for non-Christians who attended Christmas events, including a nativity trail around a local park. Pray that they would hear more of the gospel this year and that many would turn to Christ.
- Crosslinks project partner Prédica Fiel trains church pastors in Cuba. Give thanks that they were able to run some pastor training workshops online over the last year, and start an online training course for Spanish speaking pastors across Latin America and the US. This month the Prédica Fiel team will be meeting with 10 pastors from across Cuba to train them to run training courses for their own church members. Pray for an encouraging day and that this work will lead to a multiplication of faithful bible teaching across Cuba. Pray that the planned training workshops for February will be able to go ahead in person.
- In Cape Town, South Africa, Sarah Hopkins continues to run her evangelistic sewing course. A new group of ladies started the course this month – pray that they will learn a skill to help them earn much-needed income and grow in their knowledge of God through the bible studies. Pray for Sarah as she works at Trinity Children’s Centre, helping some of the most needy children work through past and present traumas. The behaviour of a couple of the children has been particularly challenging recently so pray that Sarah’s play therapy sessions with the children and her counselling work with their families will make an impact.
- Give thanks to God for the completion of the building project at St Andrew's Hall, the training centre for CMS-Australia where David and Rachel Williams work. Pray for a smooth move into the new premises this month – especially for the task of transferring 6,000 books into the new library. Pray for David and Rachel as they lead this process. Pray too for them as they re-establish their mission partner training ministry in the new building – especially that they would quickly get the culture right.