Our mission partners and projects value your prayer support. Here are some of their latest prayer needs:
- Crosslinks Junior Camp (ages 8-11) begins on 11 August in Fivemiletown, County Tyrone. Pray for those giving bible talks: that they will teach the book of Daniel faithfully, showing that God is the greatest king. Pray that their teaching will be clear and that God’s word would be working in the hearts of all who hear. Give thanks for a small group of first-time leaders this year as they gain valuable experience in children’s ministry. Pray that all leaders will make the most of every opportunity to help the campers learn from and be built up by God’s word. Pray for the safety of the children as they enjoy lots of activities. Pray that the memories of camp will not just be these activities but also the truths they learn from God’s word.
- Pray for various holiday bible clubs taking place this month. Portia Yiadom is involved with a vacation bible school 5 - 9 August. Pray that the children and teenagers who attended will have encountered the Lord Jesus even at this young age. Rachael Holyome is running a bible holiday programme for secondary school students who used to attend Good Samaritan Primary School (where Rachael teaches the Bible once a week). Pray for relationships to be built and for the teenagers to be excited about the gospel. Robbie and Lizzie Bellis are involved with a bi-lingual kids camp 4 - 11 August for 11-14 year olds. Pray for clear bible teaching and for campers to be changed through hearing God’s word. Pray that all those leading at clubs and camps would have energy, wisdom and joy in serving.
- Rob and Claire Law fly to Naples, Italy to begin as mission partners there on 27 August. For the first six months Rob will study Italian full-time, following which he will work in a language school. Their intention is to get fully involved the life of Chiesa Evangelica Neapolis and model every member ministry among the congregation. Pray for safety in travel for them and their two young boys – Barney and Toby. Pray that they would settle in quickly, be able to pick-up Italian easily and that they can hit the ground running with serving at church. Pray for good relationships to be built with other church members and others in the local community.
- Pray for Matt and Helen Pope and children Eva and Judah, who fly to Chile on 15 August to begin as mission partners. Matt will work at Iglesia Providencia in Santiago, helping the pastor teach and train the church family to become a church-planting church. He will also work with other pastors in the city, helping them to train their churches likewise. Pray for the whole family as they say goodbye to friends and family. Pray for smooth and safe travels and for the items they are shipping to Chile to arrive without any hitches. Pray for them as they begin language study on 26 August – that they will learn fast and make the most of the opportunity to share the gospel with fellow students and staff.
- Pray for Chris and Lotta Strajnic in Sweden as their church takes part in a local fair this month. Pray for the team as they prepare and for opportunities to share the gospel.
- Pray for Josh and Cathy Hooker who serve in Namibia. Cathy’s dad is currently unwell and awaiting heart surgery. There is a long waiting list because he first needs an MRI scan and there is only one MRI scanner in Northern Ireland where he lives. Pray for divine favour. Pray for Cathy and son Ben, who flew to the UK on 7 August. Pray for quality time with Cathy’s dad and for trust in the Lord’s sovereign hand over the situation. Pray for safe travels as Cathy and Ben fly back to Namibia on 18 August. Josh is currently preparing for preachers conference in September. He will give expositions from John’s gospel, helping pastors and lay preachers understand the book and equip them for teaching it to others. Pray for Josh as he prepares and that many preachers will come and be equipped and encouraged.
- Andy and Rachel Symons are leaving the UK on 27 August to begin as mission partners in Zambia. Pray for them and their two boys – Haydn and Daniel – as they say goodbyes and prepare to move. Thank God for his goodness in financial and prayer provision and pray that he would provide a reliable car for them when they arrive. Pray that God would give them patience and peace as they undergo major changes and adapt to a new place, culture, church, school and routine. Pray for a good start to Andy’s teaching at Proclamation Institute Zambia.
- Pray for the 12 apprentices who have been training with Discipling the Next Generation in Rwanda for the past six months. The apprenticeship scheme equips young people for children’s ministry. The training scheme finishes this month: pray that they will pass on what they learn faithfully to the next generation in their churches. Duff – who leads the programme – has finished his year training for ministry in London and is now back in Rwanda. Thank God for the time he spent being trained on the Cornhill Training Course and at Christ Church Mayfair. Pray that CCM would continue to partner with him and his ministry. Duff asks for prayer as he re-adjusts to Rwandan culture, which he is finding quite difficult as it is so different to London.